Quality assured standards of Life Chemicals products and services are guaranteed by the application of up-to-date experimental and analytical equipment for organic synthesis, combinatorial chemistry, quality control and storage. Well-established production processes and excellent logistic system enable safe and on-time delivery of compounds.
Life Chemicals has recently renovated its production site where over 2,000 m² of space and all modern facilities are available for advanced chemistry practice
There are more than 50 synthetic chemists working in our laboratories and units that are engaged in creating the entire scope of our products, ranging from HTS compounds to custom synthesis and early drug discovery projects.
To perform most diverse and sophisticated synthetic procedures our chemists are provided with full sets of required equipment: Biotage® Microwave station, Paar® autoclaves, Photochemistry lab. In addition to the above, there are specialized facilities for handling highly toxic reagents. Our production capacities also include laboratories for complex multistep synthesis that can be carried out in milligram to kilogram scales.
- Varian® GEMINI 2000 400 MHZ with an Oxford Instruments superconducting magnet;
- Varian® VXR-300 300 MHz;
- Varian® Gemini 200 MHz;
- Ready for ¹H, ¹³C, ¹⁹F, ²⁹Si, ³¹P measurements and advanced 2D NMR techniques, such as, COSY, NOESY, HMQC, HSQC, INADEQUATE, etc.
- The Laboratory’s daily output amounts to 200+ ¹H NMR spectra.
Physico-Chemical LabThe laboratory has following equipment for the investigation of physico-chemical properties of compounds, enantioselective (chiral) chromatography, semi-preparative chromatography, and some of ADME/Tox related tests, such as enzyme research, bio-mimetic chromatography and rapid equilibrium dialysis:
- HPLC systems:
- Agilent® 1260 Infinity II with diode-array detector(G4212B);
- Agilent® 1100 with variable wavelength detector, PDR-Chiral ® Advanced Laser Polarimeter (ALP), and Agilent 1200 Fraction Collector (G1364C);
- Agilent ®1100/1200 with diode-array, fluorescent detector and Softa 1400 evaporative light scattering detector;
- НР 1090 with diode-array detector.
- Microplate readers
- Perkin-Elmer®, Victor 3, 1420 Multilabel Counter with Wallak software;
- Biotek®, Epoch, microplate spectrophotometer with Gen5 software.
- High throughput sample preparation platform which includes automatic Viaflo (Voyager) Integra/Thermo electronic pipettes, Merck Millipore filtering plates,microtiter plates etc.;
- Thermo Scientific® -80◦C Benchtop Freezer( ULT 185-5-V);
- Large collection of chiral, analytical and semi-preparative HPLC columns;
- Genevac® HT- 4X Series II Evaporation System.
- Agilent® 1200;
- Agilent® 1100;
- Over 10 types of columns;
- Agilent® 5975C GC/MSD.
- Shimadzu® LC-8A HPLC machine;
- 2 Combi-Flash RF Teledyne® Isco units (direct/reverse phasecolumns).
- Water determination by Karl Fischer Titration (Titroline KF SCHOTT Instruments);
- Qualitative and quantitative determination of functional groups in organic compounds;
- Qualitative and quantitative determination of salt form of organic compounds;
- Quality control of solvents and inorganic compounds;
- Measuring optical activity (POLAX-2L, ATAGO polarimeter);
- Melting point verification (OptiMelt MPA100).