Derivatives of 1,3,4-thiadiazoles show a wide spectrum of biological activities . They have found numerous applications in medicine, agriculture, and materials technology [2-3]. Many compounds bearing the 1,3,4-thiadiazole moiety are effective in the medical field for the treatment of a variety of diseases. Presently, there are several 1,3,4-thiadiazole-based marketed drugs (e.g., compounds 1 and 2 in Figure 1) and drug candidates at different stages of clinical testing .
Many 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives have also been patented in the agriculture field as herbicides, insecticides, fungicides , and crop protection agents . Technological uses of the 1,3,4-thiadiazoles include metal complexing agents , corrosion and oxidation inhibitors , optically active liquid crystals (e.g., compound 3 in Fig. 1) , and optoelectronics materials .
Figure 1. Examples of medical and technological applications of the 1,3,4-thiadiazoles.
Life Chemicals offers its proprietary collection of functionalized 1,3,4-thiadiazoles well suited for use in drug discovery and organic synthesis, with several representatives shown below.
The full list of the related structures can be obtained upon request.
Please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information and price quotations.
- (a) Shadiha, S. K.; Thushara, B. S.; Marathakam, A.; Midhula, C. C.; Baijika, P. Intern. J. Pharm. Pharmaceut. Res. 2018, 12, 211-220. (b) Joseph, L.; George, M.; Mathews, P. J. Pharmaceut. Chem. Biol. Sci. 2015, 3, 329-345. (c) Matysiak, J. Mini-Rev. Med. Chem. 2015, 15, 762-775.
- Hu, Y.; Li, C.-Y.; Wang, X.-M.; Yang, Y.-H.; Zhu, H.-L. Chem. Rev. 2014, 114, 5572-5610.
- Koutentis, P.A.; Constantinides, C.P. in Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry, 3rd edition, eds. A.R. Katritzky, C.A. Ramsden, E.F.V. Scriven, and R. J.K. Taylor, Pergamon, Oxford, 2008. Vol. 5, p. 568.
- Information retrieved from the open database at www.drugbank.ca; accessed on April 2019.
- Heil, M.; Erdelen, C.; Wachendorff-Neumann, U.; Turberg, A.; Mencke, N.; Gerd, H.; Klaus, S. PCT Int. Appl. WO 9 726 651 (1997) (Chem. Abstr. 1997, 127, 149148).
- Diehr, H.-J. EU. Pat. 0 440 959 (1999) (Chem. Abstr. 1991, 115, 183323).
- Bentiss, F.; Lagrenée, M.; Wignacourt, J.P.; Holt, E.M. Polyhedron 2002, 21, 403.
- Gao, Y.; Zhang, Z.; Xue, Q. Mat. Res. Bull. 1999, 34, 1867.
- Seed, A. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2007, 36, 2046.
- Higashihara, T.; Wu, H.-C. Mizobe, T.; Chien Lu, C.; Ueda, M.; Chen, W.-C. Macromolecules 2012, 45, 9046.